Fight for something

Have you given a hard and honest look at those things that surround you? Do you like them? Or more importantly, did you choose them? 

It's never too late to analyze where we are standing in order to redefine our course. Amazingly I found a wonderful life coach that actually shares content that goes deeper than "trust your inner you" and "listen to the universe".

Here´s the first dive into Kathy Caprino's 9 crucial life lessons to learn before midlife.


1. MAKE A BRAVE DECISION ABOUT WHAT YOU STAND FOR.

Many people never stand for anything. Some start doing it when they're older. Why? I have two theories:
One, lack of self-awareness:
The journey to self-awareness is crazy scary in therapy and in a closed laboratory environment. Often you find heartache, incongruencies, blocked memories and many painful and amazing things about yourself; adding everyday life and other issues, it just makes it harder to live. I can say without a doubt that this journey has delayed my economic growth in almost exponentially but I had to prioritize, and I can understand how this wouldn't seem as important as other tangible things. Like money.
Two: the constant need to be liked:
Standing for something means not standing for the opposite, correct? This meaning that some options are necessarily excluding. In other words, every "yes" means a "no". And saying "no" is hard when you're 20 and have a crippling fear of rejection. It's ok, I get it.

For me, this isn't an option anymore.
What do I stand for from now on? 
Honestly, thinking about it just intimidates me.
Easier (a psychological trick you can try): What don't I stand for?



I don't stand for disrespect in any way: I hate people being disrespectful to each other, I hate people being negligent of others' feelings, and their own. I usually say I'm all for respecting the environment but the truth is that if there are no gray areas, I don't do my fair part.
I always say that the people who don't respect themselves, don't respect the world around them and are sick. I don't stand for comforting sickness. I don't stand for not doing whatever you can to improve yourself or your quality of life and hiding behind stupid excuses.
I stand against rape, abuse or violence in any way (probably reminiscence of victim fear). I stand for sexual freedom and free expression. I stand for personal growth and courage. I stand for love in the broad sense of the word (approved by me): acceptance, respect, admiration, and freedom. I stand for myself. I stand for my beliefs, my strengths, and definitely for my weaknesses.
Ok, so this has a bit of shape now.


I stand for myself.
Last month (a little after my birthday) I vowed to myself that I would be there for me, I promised that I would honor myself and hold myself in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, that I would be authentic and loving over everything else. I promised I wouldn't sell my soul and I would never let the fire in my heart, burn out.
Following this love of me (which by the previous definition means to accept, to respect, to admire and allow to freedom); I stand for everything that feels true to me and everything that feels right:
I passionately stand for compassion (different from pitty); I stand for the acceptance of flawed humans, and I stand for forgiveness. I stand for baby steps and the fact that any process means progress. I stand for the courage it takes to shape that process. I don't stand for any kind of shaming or bullying. I forever stand against judgment.
I stand for friendships.
Starting to sound like a beauty pageant. 
Oh, a not so popular one: I stand for mistakes, relapses, and fuckups. I stand for broken toys, misfits, and weird kinks. I stand for the idea that normal is a lack of courage. I stand for pain, for it is one of the greatest teachers in life (it has a purpose) and I stand for sadness. In other words: I stand for emotional authenticity. Especially if it's hurtful, painful and horrible because that only means it's absolutely necessary. Pain and sadness must be honored.
I stand for artistic creativity especially when it's cathartic.
I stand for free speech. I stand for saying what you mean, no matter the content. I believe the world would be better without repressed ideas, so I stand for expressing them.
I stand for psychology, for yoga and their shared ideas.
I stand for my body's needs. Whether that may be exercise, sex or comfort food.
I stand for those who stand up against others that are disrespectful to them. Honestly; I freeze by fear, mainly when I'm being sexually harassed. And the times I've been silent are basically all the times it has happened. I feel utterly uncomfortable during and I shame myself afterward. I admire those who can speak up because I sincerely haven't been able to (but I will).
I stand for honesty because I feel it's the healthiest way to live.
I stand definitely for congruence. I stand for thinking, saying, doing and projecting the same and, in case of not being congruent, finding what isn't alining properly.
I stand for being brave and bold. I think it's such an attractive trait. Attractive because my soul craves it... Because when I see someone jump to their fate, I can just relate and feel that excitement.
I stand for stillness, for observation. I stand for growth, and for admitting that sometimes you must not move. Sometimes you need to rest. Sometimes you need peace. It's not all about the struggle, it's not all about drilling. Life isn't about grinding and powering through. Life, the life I want to live is about enjoyment.
I stand for speaking my mind. And I won't allow myself to feel like I'm not enough and not post these thoughts that constantly roam my mind.
I stand for positive words for they hold the key to many things in life. I believe in their power to shape our ideas and therefore shape our lives.

From now on, on these roots, I stand tall.

"Make the decision today to become the person you will be proud and honored to be, so you have no regrets when the time comes for you to leave this life."

Part of "9 life lessons you should learn before midlife" by Kathy Caprino.


                                                                                                     Keep reading about this

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Let's talk about addiction: First step

How do you get where you want to go?

Money, money, money

Let's talk about addiction: Rock bottom

Blaming your parents